This exam is the culmination of the CFP® study program, which normally takes one to two years to complete.
Candidates need to pass the exam and also fulfill the education, ethics and experience components to become newly minted CFPs.®
Just over 61% of the test takers passed the exam (congratulations!).
The exam tests knowledge of several required study areas, such as:
- Professional Conduct and Regulation
- General Principles of Financial Planning
- Education Planning
- Risk Management and Insurance Planning
- Investment Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Savings and Income Planning
- Estate Planning
- Financial plan development (capstone) course
For more information about the CFP® certification requirements, please visit the CFP Board website.