We spent Thursday in Palm Beach talking to some of the top private wealth and alternative strategists, who cater to America’s wealthiest families, about what they see ahead and how to apply it to your portfolio.
Here’s a quick summary.
- Hate volatility? Don’t we all. But it’s not going away. Quite the opposite.
- Looking for decent returns? They’ll be harder to find, and we’ll have to turn over more rocks to find them.
- Fan of passive (index) investing? Passive is a great, low-cost solution, but it’s important to know when to use it, and when to consider other solutions. Passive strategies may not generate the returns you need going forward to support your lifestyle.
- The risk/return equation is changing. In the years ahead, it will be more about controlling “risk” and less about achieving “return.”
- Cash? It’s now a viable asset class again, as short-term rates slowly climb upward.
- Longevity has totally revolutionized the retirement investment landscape. How can you structure your portfolio to meet the challenges of the decades ahead? That’s the key question today.